The safety of our athletes, families, and coaches is always our top priority. This plan has been
created based on the “Guidance for Social Distancing in Youth Sports” as created by the Minnesota Department of Health.
All team members will be asked to follow these guidelines throughout the season:
- If athletes or coaches are ill, they are expected to refrain from attending team events until
- If family members of an athlete or coach are ill, the athlete and family are expected to
refrain from attending team events until symptoms subside.
- Before arriving, Coaches and athletes are advised to undergo a temperature check before
coming to a practice/game. Those with a body temperature at or above 100 degrees F are
asked to stay at home.
- Athletes are encouraged to drive separately to all team events.
During Practices & Training Sessions
- Upon arriving at a practice, athletes and coaches are asked to use hand sanitizer. Athletes
are recommended to have their own hand sanitizer. However, the team will also have hand sanitizer available. Additionally, we ask that athletes and coaches use hand sanitizer
regularly throughout practice and upon leaving.
- Athletes must do their best to remain 6 feet apart from each other when possible. Practices will be designed to allow and encourage social distancing.
- No handshakes or high-fives allowed.
- Dugouts will not be used. Athletes should keep personal equipment separated and left
along the outside fence near the dugout.
- No sharing of equipment when possible.
- Athletes should use their own helmets, bats, batting gloves, and gloves.
- Shared equipment should be sanitized after each use, or athletes should use hand sanitizer after using shared equipment.
- No chewing/spitting sunflower seeds.
Further guidance regarding games will be issued once determined by the Minnesota Department of Health.